Anchor/ReporterRequisition ID: 31399BR
Position Type: Full Time
A leading national telecommunications, media and entertainment company, Altice USA delivers residential and business services to more than 4.6 million total customers across 20 states. Our 18,000 employees have an unwavering commitment to customers and to providing quality products and outstanding service.
Our philosophy is built around our commitment to our employees, community and customers. We are committed to providing employees with opportunities for growth and development, as well as an environment where your ideas will help us drive our business and create a more meaningful employee experience.
News 12 Networks, the first, largest and most watched 24-hour local television news network in the country, with seven individual local news channels and five traffic and weather channels serving Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut, Westchester, Hudson Valley, the Bronx, and Brooklyn.
News 12 New Jersey is looking for the right individual to be the primary presenter of news and other content across all platforms including social media in a way that connects with viewers, demonstrating credibility, authority and broadly based knowledge of news. Ensure all content meets News 12 Network standards for journalistic integrity and production quality. The News Anchor will assist in the writing, copy editing, researching and coordinating of news programming and other content presentation. Develop sources, maintain contacts and pursue leads that result in original stories. Provide leadership that encourages excellence and assist in the smooth operation of the organization. Maintain deep level of familiarity with issues, newsmakers, and current events. Will act as field reporter as assigned as well as respond to breaking news and other urgent newsroom situations as required. Position is responsible for participating in promotional activities including public appearances, will also participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned. Represent News12 positively in the community in a courteous and professional manner
• Minimum of four years full-time professional news experience including two years anchoring experience preferred.
• Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to identify problems and develop solutions.
• Ability to work cooperatively with others to create a sense of teamwork in the presentation of news and other programming.
• Highly effective on-air performance, excellent news judgment, and extensive knowledge of local and national current events and history, newsmakers, and issues are required.
• Should have excellent news writing and copy editing ability for all platforms including social media, practical knowledge of newsgathering equipment and computers and knowledge of news production techniques.
• Maintain professional personal appearance as defined by News 12 management.
• Knowledge of libel laws and ethical foundations of journalism.
• Ability to conduct probing, in-depth and engaging interviews and enhances stories by providing insight and perspective. • Ability to think quickly and respond appropriately in high pressure situations.
• Demos are required. Must enter link to demo reel under "web address/ demo reel" field on contact info page.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.