Assistant Director of FinanceRequisition ID: 32296BR
Position Type: Full Time
Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States. We are a subsidiary of Altice NV, a convergent global leader in telecom, content, media, entertainment and advertising founded in 2001 by entrepreneur Patrick Drahi. We are driven by a philosophy to always challenge ourselves. We question everything so that we can find the best way forward for our customers. And in a world where continuous innovation is the only way forward, we are redefining the vision we have for our customers, enterprises, advertisers - and our people.
News 12 Networks is the first, largest and most watched 24-hour local television news network in the country, with seven individual local news channels and five traffic and weather channels serving Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut, Westchester, Hudson Valley, the Bronx, and Brooklyn.
News 12 Networks is looking for an Assistant Director of Finance to provide financial support for the Long Island (LI), Traffic & Weather (T&W) and Interactive (IA) news operations. The ideal candidate will lead in the development and preparation of all aspects of budgets and forecasts including subscribers, revenue, operating expenses, capital, staffing and salary planning in conjunction with the General Managers/News Directors and Regional Management. In addition, the Assistant Director of Finance will liaison with the News 12 LI, T&W and IA regional operation teams to help ensure accurate reflection of the operational issues and assumptions used to model the business plans for each operation. The Assistant Director of Finance will prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual analysis and reporting of both the financial and non-financial measures for all three regions, prepare ROI analysis and/or what if scenarios for any initiatives being proposed to News12 senior management. The Assistant Director of Finance will continually review financials for opportunities and/or operating and/or capital efficiencies to maximize the AOCF of News 12 operations. In addition, this role will track staffing costs and insure compensation procedures meet financial guidelines, prepare related analysis, perform routine and ad hoc analysis, including budget and forecast related analysis, variance explanations, maintain records of salary, overtime, use of temps, special project costs, etc., and their impacts to budget. The Assistant Director of Finance will work with the Accounting Department to ensure monthly accruals and entries are in line prior to the financial close, analyze and explain monthly variances, exhibit thorough knowledge of the news operation and provide visibility by interacting with staff. This role will assist the Director of Finance with network related projects and standardization of reports for all News 12 entities. The Assistant Director of Finance will compile, analyze and report all interactive metrics for all News 12 entities, develop tools to report and track all relevant statistical and financial performance measures, prepare monthly dashboard report to monitor progress of financial and statistical performance measures vs. budget and forecast and keep management informed of deviations to plan and prepare alternative financial solutions to recover from deviations.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Minimum of five years financial planning and budgeting experience.
• Thorough knowledge of all applicable software tools, (MS Office suite, specifically Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint).
• Thorough knowledge of programs to Budget/Forecast, approve and analyze data, (Hyperion, Essbase, Web Pac, Datawatch, Monarch, Oracle and IDM).
• Expertise in budgeting and forecasting methods (Zero based).
• Ability to communicate financial implications of decisions to both regional operations staff and corporate News 12 senior Management.
• Ability to mentor and train Business Analyst and Newsroom Coordinator.
• Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision and meet deadlines.
• Ability to track and manage capital and operating expenses against established budget.
• Ability to formulate and present information to senior management.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace