ATS BBT I (Cable Puller)Requisition ID: 32758BR
Position Type: Full Time
Altice Technical Services US Corp. is a newly formed entity within the Altice NV global family of companies. Altice Technical Services US Corp. is a first of its kind national services organization capable of deploying and implementing cutting edge video, internet and voice products and networks to the consumer. We promote the culture of an innovative start-up company that is intensely focused on providing the highest level of service to our clients. Altice Technical Services is responsible for the technical service delivery from the execution at our head ends through to the customer premise. You have an opportunity to be on the ground floor of something new and exciting as we innovate and introduce services such as fiber to the home and bring Generation Gigaspeed to life.We are having an Open House for Cable Pullers and Field Technicians!
198 Grumman Road
Please come and join us then! Please bring a hard copy of your resume.
This is an entry level position. Performs activities associated with strand mapping, construction, installation, replacement and rebuild of plant, introduction to activation, survey of all CATV system construction components, and assisting the BBT II in the use of and interpretation of system maps used for construction purposes. Increased responsibilities associated with system mark out, strand mapping, installation, replacement and rebuild of aerial and UG plant, activation and survey of all outside plant infrastructure.
- Assists in pre-wiring and installation activities
- Digs trenches and removes soil prior to cable installation in a buried system
- Pulls lasher, strand or cable between poles
- Splices coax and fiber cables to designed specifications
- Plans daily activity, requisitions equipment and supplies, and stocks vehicle
- Completes job documentation on paper or by using a computer
- Uses small hand tools, power tools, meters and other test equipment
- Operates a bucket truck
- Maintains and secures Company truck and equipment
- Works on regularly scheduled days as well as unscheduled days and beyond regular work hours as required. Schedules may be Tuesday through Saturday or Sunday through Thursday.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of basic mathematics
- Knowledge of basic electronics
- Ability to obtain current DOT (Department of Transportation) medical card and valid CDL (Commercial Driver’s License) where applicable; must comply with all applicable DOT requirements
- Electrical or general construction experience
- Good written and oral communications skills.
- Knowledge of basic design calculations.
- Skilled in using a Windows-based computer
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Appropriate valid driver’s license and driving record within Company standards
- Bi-lingual proficiency preferred in some locations