ATS - Broadband Technician IV - OSPRequisition ID: 32432BR
Position Type: Full Time
Altice Technical Services US Corp. is a newly formed entity within the Altice NV global family of companies. Altice Technical Services US Corp. is a first of its kind national services organization capable of deploying and implementing cutting edge video, internet and voice products and networks to the consumer. We promote the culture of an innovative start-up company that is intensely focused on providing the highest level of service to our clients. Altice Technical Services is responsible for the technical service delivery from the execution at our head ends through to the customer premise. You have an opportunity to be on the ground floor of something new and exciting as we innovate and introduce services such as fiber to the home and bring Generation Gigaspeed to life.
In this role, the Broadband Technician IV will work on non-routine and complex assignments that are varied in nature, where evaluation and ingenuity are required. Performs preventative maintenance tasks. You will work under minimal supervision with latitude for independent judgment. This role also assists in maintaining and repairing plant systems. Work is generally supervised and reviewed for timeliness and accuracy.
- Identifies problems related to the network and will troubleshoot back from the tap to the node for all services offered.
- Assists in maintaining power supplies, Wi-Fi devices, status monitoring and conducts system balancing based on normal work assignments.
- Is proficient in power supply maintenance. Possesses a good understanding power loops and loop resistance, amp draws and AC/DC theory.
- May perform system and performance tests as required by the FCC and SSC specifications.
- Proficient in troubleshooting forward and return to company specifications. Able to perform tests using test equipment (TDR, VOM, CLI meter, laptop, and spectrum analyzer). Must be able to splice hard line cable.
- Ability to understand and apply the principles of amplitude, frequency and phase modulation. Must be able to read system prints
- Must be available to participate in the “On-Call” or “Stand-by” schedule as business needs require.
- Possesses the troubleshooting and repair skills to perform standby for outages for all products and services. May also handle critical residential or commercial trouble calls as part of standby rotation.
- Must have the ability to become DOT certified and be able to operate a bucket truck.
- Must be able to lift 75lbs.
- Does related duties as required.