Commission AnalystRequisition ID: 32743BR
Position Type: Full Time
Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States. We are a subsidiary of Altice NV, a convergent global leader in telecom, content, media, entertainment and advertising founded in 2001 by entrepreneur Patrick Drahi. We are driven by a philosophy to always challenge ourselves. We question everything so that we can find the best way forward for our customers. And in a world where continuous innovation is the only way forward, we are redefining the vision we have for our customers, enterprises, advertisers - and our people.
The Commission Analyst position is an administrative role that directly supports the Sales Organization. This function plays a critical role to the operational success of the Sales Organization by providing metrics to our senior leaders, helping build and deploy communications to our sales teams, and ensuring the sales compensation programs align with sales strategy. Commission Analysts are responsible for managing the entire commission process and ensuring the accurate payments for their assigned sales channels.
Ensure the precise calculation and processing of all commissions and incentives for the Sales Department commission-eligible employees (Sales Representatives, Sales Supervisors, Sales Managers, Sales Directors and Vice-presidents) in a timely and accurate manner. Accountable for approving or rejecting commission adjustment requests. Using their professional judgment and knowledge, the Commission Analyst must evaluate possible commission adjustments in situations where the rules are open to interpretation.
Must apply independent and impartial judgment when calculating and managing commission payments for a budgeted expense of over $50 million annually.
Responsible for making certain that all calculations adhere to the appropriate commission structures for each Region and Sales Department’s commission policies and procedures. The Commission analyst must exhibit utmost discretion with sensitive financial and confidential information in accordance with the Company’s policies and procedures.
Provide their expert advice to Sales Management through understanding of variable compensation plans, rules, sales reporting, territory performance; making appropriate recommendations. Develop and continuously improve processes within the team and with our business partners to drive efficiency, accuracy, and meet the needs of our evolving sales force. Make sure that the Commission System remains current with new commission structures, and ensuring that it reflects accurate statistical as well as financial data.
Identify inconsistencies by performing monthly audits of financial data and analyze statistical trends. Ensure that all commission reports are updated with any revision made to the existing compensation plans. Develop and improve modeling for effectiveness analysis, and develop global templates for various sales performance analysis.
Automate tasks by creating new reporting functionality in the commissions system and using data mining tools. Effectively build and maintain plan documents, presentation materials, and calculators.
Perform U.A.T. [user acceptance testing] in accordance with the current commission and incentive compensation plans and provide appropriate recommendations.
Consolidate all commission reports for sales reps, supervisors, managers, directors, and VPs in order to submit to payroll. Evaluate current practices and processes, and provide recommendations to the Commission Director. Ensure that Sales personnel and hierarchy are always up to date for commission calculation. Participate in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
• The ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with internal and external working partners is required. Liaisons with Sales Commissions, Sales Operations, Finance, and other departments.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management.
• Excellent time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
• Strong analytical and reasoning skills.
• Ability to make independent decisions applying expert knowledge of current rules and policies.
• Extremely organized with excellent multi-tasking. Ability to adjust priorities based on workload.
• Ability to organize, plan, and execute assigned duties and any special projects with minimal supervision.
• Should be able to switch gears in various high-stress situations and apply themselves to quickly learning new technologies and adopting new methodologies.
• Minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience in sales commission processing and financial analysis.
• Extensive knowledge and experience working with Xactly/Callidus/Oracle or other commission platforms in an administrative capacity.
• Technical proficiency with PCs, MS Office and Windows environment.
• Advanced Excel skills. Ability to prepare spreadsheets and analytical models using complex formulas, functions, links, macros.
• Advance MS Access skills. Ability to create and manage databases. Ability to quickly learn financial software applications.
• Minimum 2 years of relevant experience with Cabledata, SalesForce.com, and IDA.
• Ability to understand and analyze financial data, as well as ability to evaluate processes and develop improvements.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of employee data and business plans.
• Financial modeling experience.
• Ability to organize information from different systems into integrated reports.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Business, or minimum of 3-5 years of equivalent practical business experience.
• A minimum of 3 years of experience in financial data processing and modeling.
• Knowledge of SOX compliance rules and regulations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.