Designer AssociateRequisition ID: 31406BR
Position Type: Full Time
A leading national telecommunications, media and entertainment company, Altice USA delivers residential and business services to more than 4.6 million total customers across 20 states. Our 18,000 employees have an unwavering commitment to customers and to providing quality products and outstanding service.
Our philosophy is built around our commitment to our employees, community and customers. We are committed to providing employees with opportunities for growth and development, as well as an environment where your ideas will help us drive our business and create a more meaningful employee experience.
Lightpath develops customized, commercial telecommunications services and solutions for medium- and large-size businesses, including hospitals and schools in the New York Tri-State area.
The Designer Associate performs outside plant drafting and designs tasks of basic complexity for commercial telephony projects including building access, common space design, outside plant, and ring design architecture. Generates Bill of Materials from Design. Requests ring assignments, and complete Network Fiber Requests, Network Fiber Inquiries and Network Splicing requests, as required for new builds and augments. Performs research for network fiber requests for customer augments. Completes tasks for a multiple location customer order. Designs fiber plant for ring architecture, which could include design of point to point fiber to augment our network to support customer requests.
• 1+ year in Outside Plant engineering design experience.
• Minimum 6 months experience with AutoCAD.
• Must be proficient in drafting of AutoCAD drawings of commercial properties, fiber optic design on system grids, Right of Way permits and Splicing Matrix.
• Knowledge of CATV/Telco construction practices including but not limited to: aerial and underground construction procedures.
• Knowledge of MS Office, Visio, Streets & Trips.
• Valid driver’s license.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintain a drug-free and smoke- free workplace.