Director - HR Business PartnerRequisition ID: 32636BR
Position Type: Full Time
Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States. We are a subsidiary of Altice NV, a convergent global leader in telecom, content, media, entertainment and advertising founded in 2001 by entrepreneur Patrick Drahi. We are driven by a philosophy to always challenge ourselves. We question everything so that we can find the best way forward for our customers. And in a world where continuous innovation is the only way forward, we are redefining the vision we have for our customers, enterprises, advertisers - and our people.
This position will be responsible for providing management leadership and counsel in the areas of Human Resources by supporting programs and policies within the businesses/departments assigned to their area of accountability. This position is the primary HR partner to senior business leaders for guidance and support regarding Human Resources within their organization. This position will act as leader of an employee advocacy group ensuring consistency in the execution of all Human Resources policies and initiatives and ensuring the Company Values are incorporated in the day-to-day activities of the business. The Director of Human Resources has responsibility for the effective management of all employee relation matters within the business units assigned.
Some of the key areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to: counsel and investigation of employee issues; directing fulfillment of staffing requirements; ensuring management/employee actions are consistent with company values, coordination of compensation projects; on-site benefits administration and communication, related projects/analysis, performance management, annual reviews, career progression, training and development, leave of absence management and the management of other corporate initiatives impacting the employee population.
The role is based in Bethpage, NY. Starting in 2018, the role will split time between Bethpage, NY & Long Island City, NY.
• 8-10 years progressive, generalist HR Management experience.
• Comprehensive knowledge of general employment legislation and the application of regulations in the areas of TITLE VII, EEOC, FLSA, ADA, FMLA, COBRA, HIPPA and related employment law.
• Thorough knowledge of benefit program administration and enrollment procedures (medical, dental, life insurance, COBRA, spending accounts).
• Proven record of successful conflict resolution, negotiation, and counseling.
• Experience managing a diverse, collaborative, productive team.
• Ability to work in a matrix reporting environment.
• Ability to analyze, identify, develop policies and procedures.
• Exhibits a proactive, highly adaptable, levelheaded management approach.
• Results-oriented strategic thinker.
• Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communications skills: able to distinguish the 'important from the urgent’
• Track record of managing capital and operating expenses to budget.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and establish goals.
• Experience with HRMS Programs, Peoplesoft, etc.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.