Financial AnalystRequisition ID: 32256BR
Position Type: Full Time
News 12 Networks is the first, largest and most watched 24-hour local television news network in the country, with seven individual local news channels and five traffic and weather channels serving Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut, Westchester, Hudson Valley, the Bronx, and Brooklyn.
The Financial Analyst provides direct support to the Assistant Director of Finance and News Directors of News 12 to help achieve company financial goals and performance objectives. This role is heavily concentrated on News 12 New Jersey, Connecticut, and Brooklyn/Bronx.
The candidate will be involved with month end close by preparing expense accruals, chargebacks, and reconciling; tracking operating and capital expenses; produce monthly financial reports; provide variance explanations; assisting with forecasting/budgeting process; work closely with various key stakeholders to establish performance targets; any ad-hoc requests; and some administrative duties. Furthermore, this role will be working with accounts payable to resolve vendor inquiries, procurement groups to process requisitions, purchase orders and invoices, and corporate departments to identify and resolve business challenges.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, or Finance. Master’s degree is a plus.
• Must have 2+ years of financial analysis experience with strong analytical skills and understanding of the key aspects of financial planning, primarily focus on cost analysis.
• A strong knowledge of accounting policies and procedures.
• Team player with great interpersonal skills, excellent verbal & written communication skills, analytical, organize, attention to details, and can multitask.
• Can work independently and under pressure in a fast pace environment.
• Ability to identify problems and seek solutions.
• Willing to be flexible and work hard to support business needs.
• Advance knowledge of Microsoft office suite.
• Proficient in Oracle, Hyperion, Essbase, and Budget/Forecast software is preferred.
• Media experience is a plus.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.