Freelance Food & Entertainment Web Content ProducerRequisition ID: 32367BR
Position Type: Temporary
Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States. We are a subsidiary of Altice NV, a convergent global leader in telecom, content, media, entertainment and advertising founded in 2001 by entrepreneur Patrick Drahi. We are driven by a philosophy to always challenge ourselves. We question everything so that we can find the best way forward for our customers. And in a world where continuous innovation is the only way forward, we are redefining the vision we have for our customers, enterprises, advertisers - and our people.
News 12 Networks is the first, largest and most watched 24-hour local television news network in the country, with seven individual local news channels and five traffic and weather channels serving Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut, Westchester, Hudson Valley, the Bronx, and Brooklyn.
The Food & Entertainment Content Producer plays an important role in the day-to-day execution of News 12's online, social media and Interactive TV news strategy, working to ensure the content is produced well, consistently updated and impactful to our viewers. The role combines acute attention to detail, editorial judgment, the ability to repurpose News 12 content quickly, creativity, consistent day-to-day execution and project-management responsibilities within a 24/7 news gathering operation.
The Web Food Content Producer will write and produce food (and other ‘entertainment’) segments for the web and social media platforms including Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter, Pinterest etc. and ensure editorial quality and compliance with journalistic standards. Develop and manage ongoing Network strategy (both digital and social platforms that will be highly integrated). Use technology and innovation to deliver content that is thorough, accurate, relevant, and timely. Edit food and other related content for processing and playback across all platforms. Collaborate across multiple teams including reporters, producers, photographers, marketers, technologists, etc. Post content to social media platforms in an engaging manner that promotes participation by our viewers. Comply with digital publishing standards, including AP Style guidelines as well as other duties as assigned.
• Professional social media experience including an expansive knowledge of the social media platforms, how the platforms operate, how usage is tracked through metric reporting and how the platforms generate revenue is required
• Ability to perform many tasks simultaneously under pressure with as well as effective and creative writing, copy-editing ability for all platforms is required
• Must have creative ability to identify problems and develop solutions with leadership ability and excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Must be highly organized and possess time management skills
• After Effects, Premier and Photoshop software capabilities a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.