Human Resources ManagerRequisition ID: 32566BR
Position Type: Full Time
Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States. We are a subsidiary of Altice NV, a convergent global leader in telecom, content, media, entertainment and advertising founded in 2001 by entrepreneur Patrick Drahi. We are driven by a philosophy to always challenge ourselves. We question everything so that we can find the best way forward for our customers. And in a world where continuous innovation is the only way forward, we are redefining the vision we have for our customers, enterprises, advertisers ‐ and our people.
The HR Business Partner will be responsible for guiding the organization, solving complex organizational challenges and providing thoughtful leadership through people-related solutions. As an integral part of the leadership team, you’ll need to have a deep understanding of Altice USA and the Product / Marketing business. Developing and implementing end-to-end people strategy in concert with key leaders partnering with a cross-functional HR groups to design and execute. Combining data analytics, change management, business acumen and talent management to align business goals with the people strategy to enhance the experience of our employees and customers.
Offer thoughtful leadership regarding organizational and people-related strategy and execution. Provide insightful data to guide decision making and provide proactive solutions.
Solve problems and get to the root cause of any issue, no matter how complex, and design and quickly implement solutions that cut across multiple disciplines, even those beyond people and organizational solutions.
Function as a change agent guiding groups through organizational design, employee experience and engagement focused solutions while remaining laser focused on accomplishing organizational goals.
Be a brand ambassador and cultural leader for Altice USA when pro-actively translating business needs into HR solutions.
Provide expertise in the following areas: career planning, performance management, coaching, data analysis, compensation and rewards, employee relations, learning and development, recognition programs, and strategic development.
The ability to understand business goals and recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity and development of HR within the company
Provide strategic guidance on people and organizational issues; including coaching & mentoring of leaders
Lead and support the execution of HR programs, tools, etc;
Manage employee relations issues and conduct investigations in support of corporate ethics and values.
Participate as a leader, liaison or delegate for all HR & engagement focused, company-wide programs and initiatives.
The role is currently based Bethpage, NY with a future location change to Long Island City, NY in 2018 - the role will split time between both locations
• 5 years of HR business partner or generalist experience supporting senior leaders at global companies.
• A combination of HR experience in the following areas: Organizational design, succession planning, performance management, diversity and inclusion, business consulting, compensation and rewards, recognition programs, culture keeper, employee engagement, coaching and development, Talent management, conflict resolution, talent acquisition, data analysis, and employee relations.
• Experience working as a management consultant, working with external clients.
• Demonstrated ability to work within constraints as well as to challenge the status quo.
• Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to analyze data, understand trends and develop recommendations for action based on the analysis.
• Ability to create and share workforce analytics, providing business leaders with critical information and trend analysis
• Experience with rapid and complex changing work environment
• Comfortable with ambiguity and being a part of deeply complex strategy discussions.
• Effective communicator with the ability to build relationships with senior leaders and a complex set of stakeholders to drive organizational change
• Working with managers and supervisors regarding team performance and leadership skills
• Providing guidance and feedback to managers and supervisors in all areas of performance management
• Experience with sales organizations preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.