Lead ArchitectRequisition ID: 32315BR
Position Type: Full Time
Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States. We are a subsidiary of Altice NV, a convergent global leader in telecom, content, media, entertainment and advertising founded in 2001 by entrepreneur Patrick Drahi. We are driven by a philosophy to always challenge ourselves. We question everything so that we can find the best way forward for our customers. And in a world where continuous innovation is the only way forward, we are redefining the vision we have for our customers, enterprises, advertisers ‐ and our people.
The lead developer/architect is part of the Altice Data Solutions team and will own the technology architecture of mobile applications and be the day-to-day technology subject matter expert the UI, Middleware and Data teams. This role is responsible for developing and maintaining the architecture, hands-on coding and testing of new prototypes as well as new technologies in the fields of UI, Middleware and data storage and transaction layers
This role will interface on a day-to-day bases with a strong cross functional team of developers working in Agile methodology and enterprise IT. This role requires excellent communication and presentation skills.
Main technology skills include: Enterprise Design Patterns, spring integration, strong transaction management, JMS, Restful Webservices and also knowledgeable in User Interface with front end development.
• Bach in comp sci or engineering – masters preferred
• Technically should be strong with all JAVA concepts
• Solid demonstrated object oriented software development experience with JAVA, J2EE technologies JSP, Spring, Hibernate, JSON, BSON, SQL, JBoss Business Process
• Common-logging, technologies such as log4j, Slf4j , Shell Scripting
• Solid development experience with XML technologies such as XSD, XPath, XQuery, XSL, XSLT
• Strong development experience with developing Java Web Services WSDL, such as JAX-RS
• Well versed in the use of software development tools like Eclipse/NetBeans, Git
• Working experience on Unix, Windows environments and cloud environments (Amazon Web Services)
• Extensive knowledge of Unix, Linux, Oracle, and SQL
• Should be able to manage JAVA development team.
• Should have worked in Complex projects – large in size and scope
• Should have extensive Experience in design and development of Enterprise Applications
• Should have extensive experience in event processing workflows using spring integration
• Experience in Oracle database / AWS Red shift and Java application servers like Tomcat (tcServer)
• Should have experience in test driven development
• Should have experience in unit testing frameworks such as Junit
• Should have experience in XML Processing
• Should have ability to work on broad-assignments within the team including the ability to deliver results with limited guidance and oversight
• Should have ability to work with both senior management level executives and development teams
• Excellent communication, presentation, and documentation skills are needed
• Must have Agile Experience
• Core JAVA: Java/J2EE, Jdk7/Restful Webservice using Jersey/Spring/Eclipse IDE Juno
• Service Release 2/JBoss 7 Development.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug‐free and smoke‐free workplace.