Logistics Manager - ATSRequisition ID: 31694BR
Position Type: Full Time
The Manager Network Material Logistics will manage all repair department activities and personnel to provide cost effective, customer focused repair services of system plant equipment and technician field test equipment in support of internal customers and be responsible to ensure adequate supply of plant repair and maintenance material is available in support of all network management and business telephony activities and initiatives. The Manager will contribute to company profitability by supporting material strategies and initiatives, and improve Logistics service levels by supporting Network Management and Business Telephony planned activity levels and forecasts. Monitor the use of min-max planning in all areas to optimize material inventory levels and forecast material usage to support plant repair and maintenance activities.
The Manager, Network Material Logistics will evaluate, prepare and control the lab departmental budget and optimize the use of internal resources to support internal customers. In addition, oversee the management of all outside repair services, and as applicable, communicate failure trends to procurement in support of effective vendor warranty negotiations. Ensure the accuracy of material transaction, processing and accountability data utilizing the automated inventory control applications of Oracle. Monitors the repair lab inventory levels of consumable material and ensures proper material on hand to support repair throughputs
- 5+ years progressive operations experience in a related role
- Design and implementation of a service organization
- Management of work-force: supervisor and bench technicians, inventory management, and material distribution
- Cross-functional leadership skills: operations experience, inventory management and distribution.
- Communication skills: interpersonal, written, and computer proficient
- Ability to assess and develop talent in employees and candidates
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and initiatives in a dynamic environment
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair various pieces of electronic equipment
- Ability to assess and develop material management parameters such as min/max levels for consumables, inventory variances, and material standardization
- Ability to utilize material distribution network
- Ability to perform cost/benefit analysis on logistics cost elements
- Ability to implement approved standard operating procedures