News DirectorRequisition ID: 32413BR
Position Type: Full Time
Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States. We are a subsidiary of Altice NV, a convergent global leader in telecom, content, media, entertainment and advertising founded in 2001 by entrepreneur Patrick Drahi. We are driven by a philosophy to always challenge ourselves. We question everything so that we can find the best way forward for our customers. And in a world where continuous innovation is the only way forward, we are redefining the vision we have for our customers, enterprises, advertisers - and our people.
News 12 Networks is the first, largest and most watched 24-hour local television news network in the country, with seven individual local news channels and five traffic and weather channels serving Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut, Westchester, Hudson Valley, the Bronx, and Brooklyn.
News 12 the Bronx/Brooklyn is looking for a dynamic news professional to manage all aspects of the business, including, but not limited to overseeing the, programming, editorial direction, and budgets of the station. This General Manager/News Director will lead and direct the planning, gathering and production of news content on-air, on-line and across social media platforms. Use excellent news judgment to develop stories, generate assignments and evaluate news leads. Define and maintain ethics, integrity and editorial standards of the news station by making sound journalistic decisions. Act as a primary copy editor to insure effective story-telling. Manage and oversee the hiring, training, coaching and development and coaching of staff. Have oversight of the facilities, purchasing and affiliate relations. Interact with executive management in the development and implementation of policies, priorities and short-and long-term strategic planning for the news station. In conjunction with network executives, GM will market the product, enhance ad sales opportunities, and direct the interactive and social media strategies for the channel.
• Ten years in journalism, including 8 in television news, with a reputation for quality demonstrated through awards or honors
• At least five years in television management
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as required in a newsroom environment
• Excellent organizational, multi-tasking, leadership, communication, motivational, and interpersonal skills
• Superior news judgment
• Excellent coaching and training skills
• Comprehensive knowledge of digital and social media platforms
• Ability to manage a high pressure newsroom environment
• Proficiency in current and emerging newsgathering and production technologies
• A thorough knowledge of libel laws and ethical foundations of journalism
• Understanding the economics of a news station
• Experience with programming and production budgets preferred
• Ad sales experience preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.