News ReporterRequisition ID: 31614BR
Position Type: Full Time
Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States. We are a subsidiary of Altice NV, a convergent global leader in telecom, content, media, entertainment and advertising founded in 2001 by entrepreneur Patrick Drahi. We are driven by a philosophy to always challenge ourselves. We question everything so that we can find the best way forward for our customers. And in a world where continuous innovation is the only way forward, we are redefining the vision we have for our customers, enterprises, advertisers - and our people.
News 12 Networks, the first, largest and most watched 24-hour local television news network in the country, with seven individual local news channels and five traffic and weather channels serving Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut, Westchester, Hudson Valley, the Bronx, and Brooklyn.
News 12 New Jersey is seeking a News Reporter to generate story ideas, gather information, and produce and present stories and other content for all platforms and in a manner that is clear, relevant and meaningful to news consumers. Ensure all content meets News 12 Network standards for journalistic integrity and production quality. Represent News 12 positively in the community in a courteous and professional manner. Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned. Respond to breaking news and other urgent newsroom situations as required. Coach and train as required
• Must have a commitment to journalistic standards of ethics and accuracy with an enthusiasm for journalism.
• Must possess the ability to communicate effectively with general knowledge and interest in local, national and world news.
• Basic computer knowledge/word processing skills are preferred.
• Must have the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintain a drug-free and smoke- free workplace.