Part-time EditorRequisition ID: 31862BR
Position Type: Part Time
Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States. We are a subsidiary of Altice NV, a convergent global leader in telecom, content, media, entertainment and advertising founded in 2001 by entrepreneur Patrick Drahi. We are driven by a philosophy to always challenge ourselves. We question everything so that we can find the best way forward for our customers. And in a world where continuous innovation is the only way forward, we are redefining the vision we have for our customers, enterprises, advertisers - and our people.
News 12 Networks is the first, largest and most watched 24-hour local television news network in the country, with seven individual local news channels and five traffic and weather channels serving Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut, Westchester, Hudson Valley, the Bronx, and Brooklyn.
News 12 New Westchester is looking for the right candidate to shoot and/or edit video for news programs, live coverage, breaking news and other productions and promotions for all News 12 Services. Will work independently or as part of a team to create pictures and sound which accurately and fairly represent the news, recording raw video and audio and turning it into finished product, or shooting live action suitable for distribution of the News 12 services. Accountable for maintaining assigned equipment, including news vehicles, cameras, lights, editors and peripheral gear, initiating repairs when necessary. Position will be responsible for editing video and audio material for distribution of the News 12 services, including segments or entire programs. Will drive news vehicles and/or live-transmission vehicles and operate production and transmission equipment. Candidate will coordinate playback of edited material, assist in training co-workers, participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
• Minimum one year of experience in a television field production preferred.
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
• Knowledge in current and emerging newscast technologies.
• Basic knowledge of news operations and practices helpful.
• Ability to communicate effectively.
• Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
• Flexible schedule with ability to work nights, weekends and holidays.
• Valid driver's license and a good driving record.
• Demos are required. Must enter link to demo reel under "web address/ demo reel" field on contact info page.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace