ProducerRequisition ID: 32157BR
Position Type: Full Time
Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States. We are a subsidiary of Altice NV, a convergent global leader in telecom, content, media, entertainment and advertising founded in 2001 by entrepreneur Patrick Drahi. We are driven by a philosophy to always challenge ourselves. We question everything so that we can find the best way forward for our customers. And in a world where continuous innovation is the only way forward, we are redefining the vision we have for our customers, enterprises, advertisers - and our people.
i24 News in New York is looking for a creative and talented news Producer. The ideal candidate will gather and select news content, write and copy edit stories, assemble the stories into a rundown and create graphics and visuals to complement the presentation of material for on-air broadcast and digital platforms. Select and organize editorial elements for effective presentation to the public, drawing from knowledge of local, national and international current events. Update elements on a continual basis while responding to breaking news and other urgent newsroom situations as required.
• Organize a strong, compelling, audience driven rundown and execute the vision of the newscast.
• Must always be ready to break in with the latest news or developing stories.
• Requires a leader with the know how to determine the best news stories for the newscast and the ability to delegate duties to associate producers, assignment editors and video editors.
• Strong knowledge and experience produding national and internation news a plus.
• Must possess a strong collaborative spirit and understand the vision and creativity necessary to handle a newscast as well as manage a production team to accomplish that vision.
• Must possess the ability to come up with strong story ideas, utilize all resources available, be a team player and thrive in a highly competitive news environment.
• Strong writing skills are essential including tease writing, have exceptional editorial skills and the ability to recognize stories with high potential for provocative, compelling television.