Product Manager (Video)Requisition ID: 32507BR
Position Type: Full Time
A leading national telecommunications, media and entertainment company, Altice USA delivers residential and business services to more than 4.6 million total customers across 20 states. Our 18,000 employees have an unwavering commitment to customers and to providing quality products and outstanding service.
Our philosophy is built around our commitment to our employees, community and customers. We are committed to providing employees with opportunities for growth and development, as well as an environment where your ideas will help us drive our business and create a more meaningful employee experience.
Altice Business develops customized, commercial telecommunications services and solutions for medium- and large-size businesses, including hospitals and schools in the New York Tri-State area.
As Product Manager (Video), you will guide a team that is charged with a product(s) as a business unit. This extends from increasing the profitability of existing products to developing new products for the company. You will build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on your industry experience and your contact with customers and prospects. Provides business success by meeting user needs through the continual planning and execution of product solutions, and have a market-driven focus to provide long-term, sustainable, and profitable business. Serves as a market expert of both product and the organization to drive strategy, and brings products to market with an effective product–market fit - the right product delivered at the right time to the right customer. Helps to create product and business plans that identify market opportunities, and collaborates with multiple roles and departments to ensure the company’s various functions are aligned with product strategy. Responsible for researching technological developments and trends, and competitor strengths and weaknesses. Understands what the customer needs and how to produce a product that meets that need. Handles a broad range of responsibilities, including identifying the market opportunity for a product, defining the product itself, validating that product with actual customers, and driving the creation and delivery of the product. Leads team efforts for the development of product strategy, a roadmap for development, and execution. Validates the product through customer interviews, prototypes, and beta tests, while also working to improve time to everything.
• Minimum of 10+ years of experience with 3-5 years of product management experience, preferably at a technology company and 5 years additional experience as CEO / Owner of product with experience managing and / or launching successful products to the market based on the “outside-in” approach.
• Must have experience in taking products from ideation to market in the telecommunications Services space, preferably B2B services that involved IP video and applications.
• Must have a working knowledge of DOCSIS, FTTP, and WiFi networks, video encryption, content right management, and video devices and applications. Experience in commercial bulk services or video surveillance would be a plus.
• Can demonstrate clear understanding of the entire product development process. Understanding of PLM process and understands critical stages of development.
• Knowledgeable across many functional areas, including product management, business acumen, business development, product marketing engineering, and marketing.
• Must be customer driven with strong understanding of customer development along the lifecycle of development and customer experience.
• Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, & MS Project.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintain a drug-free and smoke- free workplace.