ATS - Purchasing AgentRequisition ID: 31869BR
Position Type: Full Time
The Purchasing Agent manages the purchasing and supply chain for technical or complex materials or services categories that ensures high availability and quality at the lowest possible total cost to the company. This role has the responsibility for achieving savings while meeting goals and objectives for the company. This position is responsible for managing complex procurements using the end to end sourcing process, including developing RFP’s, RFQ’s, RFI’s, supplier bid evaluations, negotiations and supplier relationship management. This position will have ownership of the supplier relationships within assigned categories which include supplier development, integration and supplier performance evaluation/measurement. Accountability for achieving category savings targets and performance measurements. Create key metrics to better manage supplier performance. Create, issue and mange purchase orders using the Oracle ERP e-Suite. Performs other related assignments as required by Management.
- Bachelor s Degree in Supply Chain, Finance, Business, Economics, Engineering, or related field of study.
- A minimum of five years procurement experience of technical equipment or materials, services or construction related services.
- Candidate would have strong project management, negotiation and analytical skills with excellent verbal, communications and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to support and work with all levels of internal customers.
- Knowledge of Oracle’s Procurement system.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft office applications, especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Candidate must demonstrate the ability to set priorities and manage multiple projects.