Retail Sales AgentRequisition ID: 32473BR
Position Type: Full Time
Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States. We are a subsidiary of Altice NV, a convergent global leader in telecom, content, media, entertainment and advertising founded in 2001 by entrepreneur Patrick Drahi. We are driven by a philosophy to always challenge ourselves. We question everything so that we can find the best way forward for our customers. And in a world where continuous innovation is the only way forward, we are
redefining the vision we have for our customers, enterprises, advertisers ‐ and our people.
The Company offers Optimum‐branded digital cable television, high-speed Internet and voice services, as well as Optimum WiFi, the nation’s most robust WiFi network, to residential and business customers across the New York Tri‐State area.
Retail Sales Agent assists customers primarily in person in order to provide information about Optimum products and services. Achieves sales objectives by identifying needs and selling services. Provides assistance with billing or service questions or problems, process payments, exchanges and/or issues Company equipment. Assists and mentors team members.
- Provides quality internal and external customer service by representing the Company in a consistently courteous and professional manner.
- Demonstrates analytical proficiency and diagnostic skills in resolving customer issues on first contact, including exercising empowerment (taking ownership), and appropriate follow-through
- Demonstrates a strong passion for selling Company products and services
- Meets and exceeds sales targets
- Performs all work-related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all Optimum policies and procedures in a multi-product environment.
- Assists other Retail Sales Agents and Managers as required
- Serves as a mentor to other team members, providing instruction, support and direction
- Communicates with other departments to troubleshoot system problems
- Accurately explains bills and Company policies and procedures concerning prices, billing and service
- Determines customer needs and educates customer in order to sell or upgrade services
Processes customer payments accurately and balances daily transactions according to established cash management procedures
- Collects delinquent accounts
- Demonstrates integrity while accessing customer databases and/or paper reference material to locate customer records and research account history
- Issues, receives, and maintains records of customer-premise equipment
- Exercises positive and cooperative behavior that promotes teamwork
- Provides input and suggestions related to process improvements
- Demonstrates proficiency in Customer Engagement, fostering an environment of continuous improvement.
- Delivers exceptional customer service by providing the overall value, features and benefits of all products and services offered by Optimum.
- Promotes and represents the Optimum brand in all customer interactions. Maintains a respectful and professional behavior, putting the customer first; creating experiences that enhance Optimum loyalty and enrich customer’s lives.
- Communicates customer feedback on current needs and trends to management.
- Demonstrates professional work ethic and adherence to all policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of sale techniques
- Excellent time management skills and effective decision making
- Maintain composure and customer focus while troubleshooting and solving issues
- Engage customers with excellent listening skills and patience; with a passion to deliver world class customer service
- Excellent written, verbal communications
- Exceptional aptitude for accounting, bookkeeping and related cash handling skills
- Excellent analytical problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced, ever-changing environment
- Affinity for identifying and pursuing engagement opportunities, and ability to work in a performance-measured environment
- Ability to sit/stand for long periods of time and ability to lift and maneuver converters and equipment, up to 35 pounds.
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced and ever-changing environment, work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, holidays and overtime as required.
- Must be flexible and adaptable with schedule and able to travel to multiple work locations (within 35 miles)
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft application
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Internal applicants with demonstrated strong performance in customer-facing roles are preferred