Programmer AnalystRequisition ID: 31913BR
Position Type: Full Time
A leading national telecommunications, media and entertainment company, Altice USA delivers residential and business services to more than 4.6 million total customers across 20 states. Our 18,000 employees have an unwavering commitment to customers and to providing quality products and outstanding service.
Our philosophy is built around our commitment to our employees, community and customers. We are committed to providing employees with opportunities for growth and development, as well as an environment where your ideas will help us drive our business and create a more meaningful employee experience.
The Programmer Analyst is responsible for the timely completion of assigned systems and programming tasks to satisfy customer requests. These tasks include system design, coding, testing, installation, documentation and post-installation audits, all performed in accordance with established standards. Typically, the Senior Programmer Analyst is assigned to multiple business units of small to medium size or one business unit of medium to large size, and/or the project assignments are small to medium scale and moderately complex.
Responsibilities include: performs routine data collection, organization, workflow and support analysis; provides support for the preparation of quality deliverables; supports business analysts in the preparation of business and functional requirements, or, in the absence of business analysts is responsible for preparing business and functional requirements; develops and maintains documentation and instructions for all systems for which the analyst is responsible; assists in implementing procedures and serves as a resource to expeditiously resolve program related operating difficulties; participates in the support of applications, including design, coding and installation of new systems to support one or more business units; defines processing logic and translates business requirements into code employing established programming standards; works closely with end users to develop required test data; conducts program tests, audits and verifies results for accuracy
• Minimum of six years of application development and/or programming experience
• Minimum of three years of iOS application development experience with Objective-C or Swift, iOS SDKs, XCode, Cocoa Touch and related development technologies.
• Experience working within a variety of software development methodologies, including but not limited to Agile, TDD, RAD, Waterfall, MVC, DDD and/or CI.
• Full understanding of project management processes and tasks
• Experience in systems design on fairly complex computer systems
• Experience developing and deploying applications in a multi-tier environment
• Experience in full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
• Experience in relational database such as Oracle, mySQL, Postgres, MongoDB, CouchDB, etc
• Understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines.
• Experience with REST APIs consumption through iOS.
• Experience in publishing iOS Apps to AppStore.
• Must have experience with video streaming on Mobile devices.
• Must have experience with DRM (FairPlay and PlayReady) technologies.
• Knowledge of low-level C-based libraries is preferred.
• Experience with 3rd party API s and libraries
• Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
• Working experience with unit-testing using xctest framework and automated testing tools and platforms
• Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance/memory tuning
• Familiarity with version control systems such as Git and SVN.
• Strong experience with CI/CD using automated deployment tools Bamboo and Bitbucket.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.