Senior Programmer AnalystRequisition ID: 32006BR
Position Type: Full Time
Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States. We are a subsidiary of Altice NV, a convergent global leader in telecom, content, media, entertainment and advertising founded in 2001 by entrepreneur Patrick Drahi. We are driven by a philosophy to always challenge ourselves. We question everything so that we can find the best way forward for our customers. And in a world where continuous innovation is the only way forward, we are redefining the vision we have for our customers, enterprises, advertisers - and our people.
The Company offers Optimum-branded digital cable television, high-speed Internet and voice services, as well as Optimum WiFi, the nation’s most robust WiFi network, to residential and business customers across the New York Tri-State area.
The Senior Programmer Analyst is responsible for the timely completion of assigned systems and programming tasks to satisfy customer requests. These tasks include system design, coding, testing, installation, documentation and post-installation audits, all performed in accordance with established standards. Typically, the Senior Programmer Analyst is assigned to multiple business units of small to medium size or one business unit of medium to large size, and/or the project assignments are small to medium scale and moderately complex. Performs routine data collection, organization, and workflow and support analysis. Provides support for the preparation of quality deliverables. Provide technical guidance and support to junior developers. Takes a leading role in installing new technology from start to end, including technical planning, testing, and bringing new systems into production. Develops and implements improved methods and tools for the troubleshooting and researching of problems. Diagnoses, formulates and implements system changes as necessary. Supports business analysts in the preparation of business and functional requirements, or, in the absence of business analysts is responsible for preparing business and functional requirements. Develops and maintains documentation and instructions for all systems for which the analyst is responsible. Performs other duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
• 6 or more years of application development and/or programming experience is required.
• Programming language expertise consisting of, but not limited to the following; Java/J2EE, C++, PHP, Ruby/RoR, Python, Bash, is required.
• Operating system expertise consisting of, but not limited to the following: Windows, OS X, *NIX is required.
• Experience in relational database such as Oracle, mySQL, Postgres, MongoDB, CouchDB, etc, is required.
• Must have experience working within a variety of software development methodologies, including but not limited to Agile, TDD, RAD, Waterfall, MVC, DDD and/or CI.
• Must have experience in full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
• Must have experience developing and deploying applications in a multi-tier environment.
• Experience in systems design on fairly complex computer systems is required.
• Must have a full understanding of project management processes and tasks.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills are necessary.
• Must have the ability to perform multiple tasks and adjust priorities based on workload and direction from management.
• Must have the ability to organize, plan and execute major projects with minimal supervision.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.