Sports Anchor/ReporterRequisition ID: 32956BR
Position Type: Full Time
Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States. We are a subsidiary of Altice NV, a convergent global leader in telecom, content, media, entertainment and advertising founded in 2001 by entrepreneur Patrick Drahi. We are driven by a philosophy to always challenge ourselves. We question everything so that we can find the best way forward for our customers. And in a world where continuous innovation is the only way forward, we are redefining the vision we have for our customers, enterprises, advertisers - and our people.
News 12 Networks is the first, largest and most watched 24-hour local television news network in the country, with seven individual local news channels and five traffic and weather channels serving Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut, Westchester, Hudson Valley, the Bronx, and Brooklyn.
News 12 Connecticut is looking for an experienced and dynamic Sports Anchor/Reporter with a passion for local sports coverage and the drive to produce great content. The ideal candidate will have the ability to Anchor the sportscast in a manner that is clear, engaging, and meaningful to news consumers. The Sports Anchor/Reporter will also be responsible for maintaining a deep level of familiarity with local teams, athletes, and sporting events. They will shoot, write and edit well-written, fully-documented and creatively-produced sports packages, local sportscasts, and sports highlights for all platforms including social media.
• Minimum four years full-time professional sports reporting and/or anchoring experience preferred
• Effective on-air performance and good news judgment
• Knowledge of local and national sporting events, teams, and athletes
• Ability to conduct in-depth research and pursue investigative stories effectively
• Good news writing and copy editing ability for all platforms including social media
• Knowledge of libel laws and ethical foundations of journalism
• Proficiency in current and emerging newsgathering and production technologies
• Ability to think quickly and respond appropriately in high pressure situations
• Ability to work in all weather conditions
• Flexibility to work any assigned shift
• Demos are required. Must enter link to demo reel under "web address/ demo reel" field on contact info page.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.