Studio DirectorRequisition ID: 32087BR
Position Type: Full Time
Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States. We are a subsidiary of Altice NV, a convergent global leader in telecom, content, media, entertainment and advertising founded in 2001 by entrepreneur Patrick Drahi. We are driven by a philosophy to always challenge ourselves. We question everything so that we can find the best way forward for our customers. And in a world where continuous innovation is the only way forward, we are redefining the vision we have for our customers, enterprises, advertisers - and our people.
News 12 Networks is the first, largest and most watched 24-hour local television news network in the country, with seven individual local news channels and five traffic and weather channels serving Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut, Westchester, Hudson Valley, the Bronx, and Brooklyn.
News 12 New Jersey is looking for a full-time Studio Director to direct and/or technical direct live and taped programs and program elements using studio automation. To operate production equipment technically and creatively and to lead activities of studio crews. The ideal candidate will have the ability to direct and/or technical direct live and taped studio productions using the studio automation system through accurate calling and coordination of video, audio and graphics elements for distribution across all platforms. Oversee studio productions for quality control. Work with producers to execute details of effective programs. Follow graphic format stylebook in production of programs. Direct and coordinate efforts of assigned studio personnel. Be available to work nights, weekends and holidays as required. Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of one-year experience as a television director.
• Ability to direct using studio computer automation equipment, Grass Valley Ignite.
• Ability to direct technically complicated live programming
• Ability to interpret and code newscast rundowns
• Strong knowledge of production equipment, and methods and techniques for live & taped productions.
• Knowledge of video/audio signal, tape dynamics.
• Ability to work quickly under pressure in an on-air environment.
• Knowledge in current and emerging newscast technologies
• Flexible hours, including mornings, nights, weekends & holidays.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintain a drug-free and smoke- free workplace.