Studio Operations ManagerRequisition ID: 32427BR
Position Type: Full Time
Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States. We are a subsidiary of Altice NV, a convergent global leader in telecom, content, media, entertainment and advertising founded in 2001 by entrepreneur Patrick Drahi. We are driven by a philosophy to always challenge ourselves. We question everything so that we can find the best way forward for our customers. And in a world where continuous innovation is the only way forward, we are redefining the vision we have for our customers, enterprises, advertisers - and our people.
News 12 Networks is the first, largest and most watched 24-hour local television news network in the country, with seven individual local news channels and five traffic and weather channels serving Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut, Westchester, Hudson Valley, the Bronx, and Brooklyn.
News 12 The Bronx is looking for the right candidate to be responsible for all aspects of program production and supervision of studio personnel including the graphics department. Will be responsible for the recruitment, hiring and supervision of directors and graphic artists. Coordinate the training of personnel on multiple studio, control room and master control room tasks. Develop operational procedures. Make efficient use of budgeted resources including facilities and personnel. Ensure smooth production of all studio and remote programs and network origination. Schedule personnel in coordination with other departments to meet network production needs. Will also schedule use of facilities. Coordinate with engineers for maintenance of studio equipment. Assist in selection and ordering of capital equipment. Respond to breaking news and other urgent newsroom situations as required. Participate in special projects and perform other duties including directing as assigned.
• Five years’ experience in television studio operations with two years supervisory experience preferred.
• Advanced knowledge of Grass Valley Ignite Studio Automation.
• Knowledge of VizRT graphics system.
• Knowledge of Vinten Radamac Studio Camera Automation system.
• Knowledge of Clear-Com Intercom system along with programming.
• Ability to perform many tasks simultaneously.
• Proficiency in television program production.
• Prior coaching and training experience.
• Proficiency in current and emerging newscast technologies.
• Ability to manage creative television production.
• Should have good team building, organization and time management skills.
• Should have good communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Ability to identify problems and seek solutions.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.