Video EngineerRequisition ID: 30495BR
Position Type: Full Time
Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States. We are a subsidiary of Altice NV, a convergent global leader in telecom, content, media, entertainment and advertising founded in 2001 by entrepreneur Patrick Drahi. We are driven by a philosophy to always challenge ourselves. We question everything so that we can find the best way forward for our customers. And in a world where continuous innovation is the only way forward, we are redefining the vision we have for our customers, enterprises, advertisers - and our people.
News 12 Networks is the first, largest and most watched 24-hour local television news network in the country, with seven individual local news channels and five traffic and weather channels serving Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut, Westchester, Hudson Valley, the Bronx, and Brooklyn.
News 12 New Jersey is looking for the right candidate to provide scheduled and emergency maintenance of equipment and facilities to maintain the high quality and technical integrity of the News 12 services. Insure continuous, high-quality programming by maintaining and operating equipment at optimal levels. Maintain and repair equipment and facilities. Perform preventive maintenance. Respond to technical emergencies. Shade cameras, receive and transmit video and audio and operate other equipment as part of the regular station operation. Maintain equipment, tool and parts inventory and service records. Participate in planning and implementation of technical projects. Assist with wiring of facility and purchasing of supplies and equipment. Assist with training of co-workers. Represent News 12 services in a courteous and professional manner. Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
• Knowledge of production equipment and computers.
• Knowledge in current and emerging newscast technologies.
• Familiarity with maintaining and repairing studio production and field production equipment and computers.
• Knowledge of video/audio signal, tape dynamics and satellite and RF technology.
• Ability to troubleshoot technical problems.
• Ability to work independently or as a member of a team.
• Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Flexible schedule with ability to work nights, weekends and holidays.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.