Wireless Technology ManagerRequisition ID: 30701BR
Position Type: Full Time
A leading national telecommunications, media and entertainment company, Altice USA delivers residential and business services to more than 4.6 million total customers across 20 states. Our 18,000 employees have an unwavering commitment to customers and to providing quality products and outstanding service.
Our philosophy is built around our commitment to our employees, community and customers. We are committed to providing employees with opportunities for growth and development, as well as an environment where your ideas will help us drive our business and create a more meaningful employee experience.
The company offers Optimum-branded digital cable television, high-speed Internet and voice services, as well as Optimum WiFi, the nation’s most robust WiFi network, to residential and business customers across the New York Tri-State area.
As the Manager of Wireless Technology, you’ll be responsible for overseeing the deployment of wireless/Wi-Fi back-end network infrastructure. You will ensure the infrastructure meets the standards/specifications and Wi-Fi product requirements. This position is a key technical conduit between IP Network Operations, Wireless Product, IP Network Engineering and other departments within the company. Additionally, you will develop technical process and quality systems expertise for Wi-Fi Network Infrastructure. Generates metrics at the required frequency which drive accountability and delivery of targets. Develops and reports quality system metrics which drive results. Anticipates resource utilization/depletion and procures hardware/software to facilitate growth. Responsible for supporting continuous improvement of current systems, procedures and practices by constructively challenging the current state to ensure consistency across all Wi-Fi component systems. You’ll be responsible for planning, implementing and managing systems, as well as maintaining core Wi-Fi stability. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as directed.
• Degree in Computer Science, engineering, or equivalent work experience is required.
• In-depth knowledge of wireless back-end architecture is required.
• Hands on experience in designing, planning and implementing Carrier class Wi-Fi networks is required.
• Experience in planning and operating large scale networks (service provider class) is required.
• A high degree of application knowledge and understanding of vendor hardware and applications is necessary.
• Must have experience with Internet applications from Router to Customer Premise.
• Must have a high level understanding of networking technologies.
• Must have a high degree of knowledge in Wireless RF, 802.11 and applicable technologies.
• Must have design level conceptual knowledge of all network systems and deployments.
• Working knowledge of protocols (TCP/IP, SNMP, DHCP, HSRP, VLANS, Policy Routing, VPN’s, NAT, BGP, OSPF, MPLS) along with current and future emerging uses, iterations and applications is necessary.
• Working knowledge of virtualized infrastructure and storage is a must.
• Must have strong technical writing skills as well as the ability to lead a team with advanced engineering skills.
• Must be able to work well under pressure and have strong decision making skills.
• Must have the ability to lead, train, manage, and motivate cross functional teams.
• Having a flexible scheduled is required - 24 hour on call systems support. Must be able to work during maintenance windows.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.