on a great job.
DispatcherJob ID: 2022-33359
Lightpath is one of the largest competitive local exchange carriers in the tri-state area. We own and operate our infrastructure "from the ground up" by deploying over 20,000 route miles connecting 13,500 on-net/LIT buildings, With a strong portfolio of cutting edge solutions for Internet, WAN, Voice, SD-WAN, Security & Cloud services, we enable Enterprise customers of all sizes the ability to react to new challenges while developing best practices for the future. With Lightpath’s continued focus on network excellence and a “customer first” service commitment, we are building a workforce of the best talent that will meet the needs of our customers and reflect the diverse communities we serve.
Dispatch Lead Person. Under limited supervision of the CDG Manager, is responsible for scheduling of work at customer locations. Scheduling support including Netcracker order review for readiness, notification of task owners if not ready. Evaluating order and determining what internal groups that will be required to support the installation. Once support requirements and readiness of order has been completed, they will move forward with contacting the customer to schedule the site installation. This requires working in both Netcracker and Sales Force Field Service Lightning. It also includes reviewing availability of all internal support teams for the order and aligning these teams in Sales Force Lightning for a specific date and time.
- Evaluate order readiness once it has reached the dispatcher queue.
- Review order accuracy and updates from PM team and Field QA notes.
- Completes all necessary checks to make sure order is ready for scheduling.
- Checks include service being delivered, power and space availability, downtime if required, ISP readiness by reviewing I/O tasks. As well as cabling dependencies and service delivery rates.
- Maintain and update Netcracker orders daily with order scheduling progress.
- Document any delays due to customer or order readiness in Netcracker so all departments are kept informed and that there is a smooth hand off if required to a peer.
- Reviewing order with customer and working with them on agreed to installation date.
- Notifying the customer of what access, we will need within the building.
- Obtaining site contact and access details from customer and adding this information to the Netcracker order so the installation technicians have what they require when arriving on site.
- Participates in project meetings with the PM team or Field teams.
- Work with field team managers in obtaining off hour support due to customer requests.
- Assist in planning large project deployments / scheduling when needed.
- Swivel chair between multiple systems to make sure we are scheduling the order properly.
- Quality Control process to ensure all orders are scheduled correctly.
- Support team members with any scheduling questions or scheduling issues.
- Support schedule lock down notification so all team members are aware of the lock down and the field team are aware to finalize their equipment ordering.
- Represent the team at high level reviews and meetings.
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively.
- Knowledge of customer site requirements.
- Knowledge of Telco terminology.
- Knowledge of Netcracker, Excel and Sales Force Lightning Field service scheduling application.
- Skill in using a Windows-based computer
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Ability to comply with all Company implemented safety procedures
- Maintain regular attendance for hours assigned.
- Must be polite and professional when dealing with customer.
Lightpath is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Lightpath collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.