Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States, delivering broadband, pay television, telephony services, proprietary content and advertising services to approximately 4.9 million Residential and Business customers across 21 states through its Optimum and Suddenlink brands.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news and voice offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
Under general supervision the DOCSIS Engineer will support the overall direction, implementation, and ensure the Altice USA's DOCSIS networks will adhere to the level of service and feature sets expected by our telephony and data customers. Must ensure the technology used supports the Altice USA business plan and positions the network for future growth in capacity, features, and capability.
- Working knowledge of Cisco and Arris CMTSs
- Work in an entrepreneurial environment requiring broad experience, adaptability, quick learning and excellent problem solving skills
- Requires good technical skills involved in complex system performance, interconnection, design, transmission, equipment, or traffic analysis and support activities
- Assist in developing architectures, designs, and requirements to meet new product needs and align
tactical solutions with strategic goals
- Assist in troubleshooting and resolving network problems to ensure minimal disruption of critical applications
- Supports coordination with vendors for installation of CMTSs
- Collect and analyzes networks, memory utilization, and generate periodic reports
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry
- Completes projects and other duties as assigned
- Assist in documenting detailed network designs
- Installs and supports CMTS platforms
- Supports and maintains network performance objectives
- Supports 2nd/3rd level CMTS/DOCSIS Engineers
- Perform other job related duties as assigned
- Ability to effectively communicate and receive detailed or important information and instruction
- Ability to occasionally exert up to 20 lbs. of force in order to move objects
- Working knowledge of telephony, data, and video products and services
- Ability to tolerate occasional exposure to outside weather conditions
- Ability to use reasoning to troubleshoot and solve technical problems
- 2 years' experience in relevant technical skills
- Experience managing and maintaining CMTS configurations, Cable Modem config files and provisioning
- Working knowledge of CableLabs DOCSIS and Cable Modem Termination System (CMTS)
- Ability to troubleshoot Cable Modem online/offline, and bonding status
- Hands on experience with DOCSIS and PacketCable components from different vendor such as Cisco/Arris
- Knowledge DOCSIS (physical layer/MAC layer/QoS/1.1/2.0/3.0)
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays and stand by rotation
- High Scholl Diploma or equivalent work experience
- Excellent communication skills and team player
- Valid driver's license, occasional travel required 10 to 15%
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.