Logistics SpecialistJob ID: 2019-23363
Altice Technical Services is a business entity within the Altice family of companies. Altice Technical Services is a first of its kind national services organization capable of deploying and implementing cutting edge video, internet and voice products and networks to the consumer. We promote the culture of an innovative start-up company that is intensely focused on providing the highest level of service to our clients. Altice Technical Services is responsible for the technical service delivery from the execution at our head ends through to the customer premise. You have an opportunity to be on the ground floor of something new and exciting as we innovate and introduce services such as fiber to the home and bring Generation Gigaspeed to life.
Under limited supervision of the Logistics Supervisor, responsible for providing logistics support including picking, packing, assembly, sorting, shipping, and receiving of orders to meet productivity and quality goals. Assists with forecasting and requisition of serialized and non-serialized materials. Efficient in convertor staging and cleaning and screening processes.
- Unloads, receives, stores, packages, loads, and ships inventory items (e.g. cable converter boxes, broadband modems, fiber cable, installation kit accessories, network system hardware, telephones and accessories for business telephony).
- Completes all necessary receiving and shipping forms and checks them for accuracy. Tracks the movement of inventory items from the time items arrive to the warehouse to the time they are shipped.
- Records daily movement of inventory through the warehouse.
- Determines need for more inventory to meet shipping orders and places orders for more inventory as needed.
- Participates in the training of any Logistics Specialist I.
- Participates in periodic warehouse inventory and cycle counts by making and verifying inventory counts as well as investigating discrepancies. Orders, receives, stores, and maintains warehouse supplies.
- Responsible for proper vehicle operation including thorough pre/post-trips and record keeping.
- Responsible for safe, efficient, and accurate delivery of material the and equipment
- Receives material and equipment from suppliers, and maintains inventory control.
- Issues supplies to field personnel.
- Responsible for upkeep of vehicles and warehouse facilities.
- Prepare damaged converters for shipping and repair.
- Assist in planning material requirements per installation projections.
- Repair /refurbish converter remotes.
- Reconfigure / stage converters.
- Maintains converters and DCR units for Installers, Technicians, Sales, and Retail.
- Responsible for inputting purchase requisition.
- Unloads materials received from vendors. Completes and files the necessary receiving forms for inventory received.
- Searches for any damages in the inventory received and reports it to leadership.
- Verifies the accuracy of orders received and shipped.
- Tracks inventory using bar code readers (handheld scanners).
- Moves inventory and warehouse supplies received and to be shipped between trucks and their place in the warehouse.
- Packs product kits for customer orders and bulk packaging of single inventory items for contractors or other warehouses.
- Loads trucks and ships inventory items according to schedule.
- Uses the forklift to move inventory and maintains the forklift usage and maintenance log according to safety protocol procedures.
- Participates in the periodic warehouse inventories and cycle counts by counting, verifying counts, and investigating discrepancies.
- Transports inventory occasionally to other warehouses or to customer locations using company vehicles.
- Assists in tracking movement of inventory and non-inventory items (e.g. warehouse supplies).
- Also determines storage locations. Assists in conducting on-the-job training and may sometimes assist in classes on packing, shipping and operating the forklift.
- Delegates work to Logistics Specialist I as necessary.
- Organizes the daily tracking, packaging, and shipping of inventory items in accordance with a 24-hour turn-around target time on orders.
- Maintains the daily receiving and shipping logs on a computer.
- Performs forecasting of what inventory must be ordered in order to meet demand.
- Verifies that there are enough inventories to meet installation / service orders.
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Knowledge of basic mathematics and electronics
- Skill in using a Windows-based computer
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Ability to comply with all Company implemented safety procedures
- Ability to use any equipment in a safe manner as it pertains to job
- Skill in using small hand tools
- Ability to operate a vehicle and forklift in a safe and responsible manner
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Maintain regular attendance for hours assigned.
Altice Technical Services provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.