OSP Compliance TechJob ID: 2018-21129
Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States, delivering broadband, pay television, telephony services, proprietary content and advertising services to approximately 4.9 million Residential and Business customers across 21 states through its Optimum and Suddenlink brands.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news and voice offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
This Technician provides leadership support to the operation by providing technical guidance Handles assignments that are the most complex in nature. Demonstrates advanced proficiency in all areas of system maintenance and Fiber. Applies good judgment in analyzing and resolving problems. Review all policies and procedures (OUTSIDE PLANT & FIELD SERVICE, FIBER.) in the overall maintenance & performance of the distribution network (HFC) and FTTH. Drafts reports providing feedback to AUSA management related to field results.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs all the duties of the BBT IV.
- Must be proficient in the setup and use of all Outside Plant tools including: Signal Leakage (Effigis, Comsonics, etc.) Return Path Monitoring (PathTrak), Sweep systems, and VeEX Meter operations Fiber equipment.
- Responsible for the installation, splicing and service of commercial fiber projects as needed.
- Assists by performing quality control reviews, and compliance reports to ensure the HFC and FTTH are with in compliance.
- Responsible for the preparation of QA reports.
- Assists Operations and technicians encountering complex problems at customer’s sites to determine root cause.
- Possesses the ability to perform as a mentor/trainer, assist in developing and refining the knowledge and skill levels of the field operational groups throughout the Altice footprint.
- Responsible for opening UCR’s as required in hubs while ensuring all policies and procedures are strictly adhered to. Serves as the liaison with other departments to ensure work is completed within the ACP window.
- Responsible for special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Needs to be available to participate in a flexible work schedule and have the availability to report to various locations as business needs require.
The flexibility and availability to cover standby and support storm restoration throughout the Suddenlink footprint as needed is a must.
- Must possess advanced knowledge of system specific products and test Outside Plant.
- Must have a working knowledge of OUTSIDE PLANT/INSIDE PLANT operations.
- Must have an understanding of the following fiber concepts
- Calculating losses
- Use of optical test Outside Plant
- Analyzing fiber abnormalities
- Diagnosing and isolate deviations in power
- An understanding of fiber construction design and specifications