Account executive - Lightpath
1111 Stewart Ave,
Lightpath is one of the largest competitive local exchange carriers in the tri-state area. We own and operate our infrastructure "from the ground up" by deploying 7,100 route miles connecting 15,000 on-net/LIT buildings, With a strong portfolio of cutting edge solutions for Internet, WAN, Voice, SD-WAN, Security & Cloud services, we enable Enterprise customers of all sizes the ability to react to new challenges while developing best practices for the future. With Lightpath’s continued focus on network excellence and a “customer first” service commitment, we are building a workforce of the best talent that will meet the needs of our customers and reflect the diverse communities we serve.
The Account Executive is responsible for developing advanced relationships with Lightpath named target companies and existing assigned Customer accounts.
The Enterprise AE will generate new customer relationships working with strategic accounts and prospects. These accounts are defined by the sales team in each region and approved by Senior Management.
The Enterprise AE requires little direct supervision and has the discretion to engage in negotiations and solution development in support of the needs of our largest most complex accounts.
The Enterprise AE will be responsible for increasing the net revenue and share of business in those assigned accounts according to a Yield Plan.
- Complete all required training and certification within the first 30 days of employment.
- Demonstrate continued knowledge of Altice products, services, funnel management methodology, processes, policies, and strategy.
- Using prescribed methodology, develop strong relationships with decision makers in target prospect and customer accounts, leading to the sale of OLP products and services to solve identified business problems.
- Using prescribed methodology, develop and effectively manage a funnel of active opportunities suffice to meet future quota objectives as defined.
- Meet quota objectives on a periodic basis as assigned and accurately forecast projected sales and comply with all company processes and policies.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Working with the Director of Sales, develop a strategic account plan for all assigned prospects and customer accounts.
- Execute the plan using an understanding of our prescribed methodology and prior sales experience to develop relationships and navigate a complex customer hierarchy to reach the highest decision-making level possible.
- Secure appointments with mid-level and “C” level execs and conduct a well-defined, consultative sales process consistent with our approved sales approach.
- Effectively engage Sales Support, Operations, Contracts Management, Engineering and other relevant technical personnel from Altice Business operational groups to bring the appropriate knowledge and skill set to the customer in order to develop appropriate solutions that fits the customer needs.
- Effectively manage all complex RFI / RFP processes initiated by assigned customers to ensure that Altice Business has the best possible response.
- Attend and successfully complete all required sales, product and process training sessions, and take personal responsibility for professional development in order to increase your skills as a Sales person.
- Develop, package, and present comprehensive custom-tailored solutions in concert with Operational and Engineering Teams to the customer in a complete and professional manner.
- Effectively manage all aspects of solution, pricing, and contractual negotiations to ensure the customer needs are balanced with favorable terms for Altice.
- Be pro-active and keep up with our ever-changing industry with regards to new product offerings, industry changes, emerging technology and competitor actions.
- Attend all meetings as directed by your supervisor and management.
- Submit weekly sales forecasts, expense reports, call reports, as well as other reports on time and when required by Sales Management.
- Consistently and completely utilize and exploit our Sales Force Automation system, (Salesforce.com) and database tools, and enter all activity related to all sales activity into the system daily. This includes a synopsis of all conversations with Altice Business Customers and Prospects.
- Work with Project Management, Operations, and Engineering to insure the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Consistently maintain a positive attitude contributing to an overall positive atmosphere at Optimum Lightpath.
- Work in and contribute to an atmosphere of trust and integrity with fellow employees to ensure the overall success of Altice Business.
- Work within all company guidelines to ensure compliance to all industry-wide regulations and proactively seek the advice and assistance of your supervisor whenever needed.
- Assist Director of Sales with mentoring and coaching of AE’s to develop their skills and knowledge.
- Candidates must be high energy individuals who are willing to be an integral part of a growing professional sales organization.
- The successful candidate will possess:
- Tenacity - Ability to never stop working on a challenge
- Courage – Unwilling to give up in the face of adversity
- Intelligence – to fully understand the customer supplier dynamic
- Focus – Understands how to manage time effectively and where to focus efforts
- Realism – Knows when to walk away from a deal, and when to keep going
- Responsibility – Willingness to be held accountable
- Professional Bearing – Ability to generate a positive first impression
- Integrity & ethics – ability to do the right thing
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Strong Computer Skills are required for eth development of complex customized proposals and RFI/P responses etc.
- Engineering and technical background in telecommunications or a related technical field to support and engage in solution development and complex negotiations.
- Excellent organizational skills – Ability to multi-task and be highly responsive to customers
- 5+ years prior sales experience with large accounts required.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, manage, and close sales opportunities on a consistent basis, following a prescribed methodology.
- Highly organized, and data driven, with a demonstrated ability to accurately forecast sales results, and meet all sales goals.
- Demonstrated ability to make professional presentations to customers and prospects and communicate complex technical issues in layman’s terms.
- Solid understanding of telecommunications and Information technology concepts and fundamentals.
- Proven history of excellent customer service and ability to build solid customer relationships with a full understanding the dynamics and techniques of relationship management.
- College degree or relevant experience
- Satisfactory Driver’s License & Dependable transportation
- Ability to travel as needed
Lightpath is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Lightpath collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.