1111 Stewart Ave,
Lightpath is one of the largest competitive local exchange carriers in the tri-state area. We own and operate our infrastructure "from the ground up" by deploying 7,100 route miles connecting 15,000 on-net/LIT buildings, With a strong portfolio of cutting edge solutions for Internet, WAN, Voice, SD-WAN, Security & Cloud services, we enable Enterprise customers of all sizes the ability to react to new challenges while developing best practices for the future. With Lightpath’s continued focus on network excellence and a “customer first” service commitment, we are building a workforce of the best talent that will meet the needs of our customers and reflect the diverse communities we serve.
The Application Admin is required to use technical knowledge and ability to manage all aspects of Altice USA’s B2B OSS applications. This includes solving technical issues, resolving unplanned outages, performing system administration and configuration and managing system upgrades. The Application Admin will be responsible for managing all application trouble tickets including investigating root cause, performing fixes, and working with level 2 and vendor support as needed all while adhering to the highest standards of customer service.
This position will also play a role in managing major corporate system initiatives both through directly project managing one or more small projects as well as supporting other larger projects that have an assigned Project Manager from the PMO office. Many of the applications supported by this position are used to manage the B2B network, and as such it is highly preferred that an individual in this position have a fundamental understanding of networks and network technologies. This position requires work out of hours for deployments and resolution of system outages and will be part of the team on-call rotation.
Success in this position will require a person who is self-motivated, focused on attention to detail, can self-manage projects with an outstanding professional attitude, and is able to drive results.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Become subject matter expert in the majority of the major B2B OSS applications
- Basic understanding of all other B2B OSS applications
- Manage and resolve all assigned trouble tickets within established SLAs
- Project manage multiple small system related projects, including new system implementations and upgrades to existing platforms
- Support one or more major corporate system initiatives throughout entire implementation life cycle
- Support the troubleshooting of complex application network connectivity issues
- Troubleshoot complex network facing application issues including service activation and fault management related problems
- Manage complex deployments of 3rd party applications as well as custom code and system integrations developed in-house
- Support the management of all application and database server environments that support OSS applications. Collaborate with corporate enterprise IT to troubleshoot and resolve complex issues related to server environments.
- Ability to deploy SQL scripts to support analysis and resolution of system issues
- Knowledge of at least two of the following operating systems: UNIX, Linux, Windows including the ability to troubleshoot and apply OS patches
- Basic understanding of database technologies including Oracle, MySQL, MS SQL Server and Sybase
- Basic SQL Query writing preferred
- System and User administration for multiple complex applications
- Basic understanding of application server infrastructure including physical hardware, OS systems (UNIX, LINUX, Windows), virtualization (KVM and VMware), Web tiers (Web Logic, J-boss), storage (NAS, SAN), etc.
- Knowledge of deploying of code to servers and scheduling of cron jobs
- Experience with network facing Element Management Systems (EMS) and Network Management Systems (NMS).
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs
- Troubleshooting system outages while under pressure.
- Network Fundamentals including understanding of TDM and Ethernet networks including physical and logical inventory and topologies
- Basic understanding of Network Routing and Protocols (TCP/IP, FTP, SFTP, UDP, SNMP, etc.)
- Some end-to-end application to network connectivity troubleshooting (i.e. ACLs, Firewalls, NAT, etc.) a strong plus.
- Basic switching and configuration knowledge (VLANS, DHCP, VPN’s, NAT, etc.)
- Basic knowledge to support intelligent transport and managed service solutions for E-line V-Line, E-Lan, VOIP, VPN, internet access, bundled services, and managed routers
- CCNA certification a plus
Other Key Skillsets
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, troubleshooting and conceptual skills
- Project Management experience a strong plus
- Knowledge of software development methodologies including SDLC, Waterfall, and Scrum
- Knowledge of formal Quality Assurance (QA) processes, including: defect tracking, unit testing, systems testing, integration testing, regression testing and performance testing
- Strong documentation and communication ability.
- Able to provide guidance and support to associate analysts
- Ability to work well under pressure with a high level of follow through
- Ability to work as a team player on a high functioning team
- Flexible working hours, 24 hour on call systems support; ability to work during maintenance windows
- Ability to multi-task and adjust priorities based on workload with excellent coordination and time management skills.
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills with co-workers, vendors and customers required.
- Experience working in a service provider environment preferred
Associates or Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science, Communications or related discipline preferred. Master’s degree is a plus. For internal candidates applying for other opportunities within the organization, the minimum educational requirement for college is strongly preferred but not required depending on relevant Altice work experience. Minimum of 4 - 6 years of Software Support experience within an information systems group, preferably in telecommunications, cable TV, Internet services, or in a related broadband business support.
Lightpath is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Lightpath collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.