Business Planning AnalystJob ID: 2019-23243
New York Interconnect (NYI) - Through a strategic partnership between Altice USA, Charter Communications and Comcast, the New York Interconnect is among the largest single market advertising platforms in the United States. We provide advertisers with the ability to reach more than 6.2 million households in the New York DMA using a variety of advanced advertising products, including the ability to place ads on more than 85 cable networks as well as planning and campaign measurement.
The Business Planning Analyst provides direct support to New York Interconnects Finance leadership to help achieve company, financial and performance objectives. This includes assisting in the creation of quarterly forecasts including operating revenue and expense, cash, capital and manpower plans; review all balance sheet accounts. This role is also responsible for processing cash, credit cards, refunds and accounts receivable activities for NYI.
- Participate in the monthly close process for the New York Interconnect, preparing accruals, analyzing revenue estimates and tracking expense levels.
- Maintain all Financial models and reports, preparing ad hoc reports as requested
- Sort and process all checks, cash transfers, wire transfers, credit cards and refunds and accurately apply to appropriate account receivable
- Apply checks, adjustments and credit cards to appropriate accounts & invoices
- Support collectors in researching account balances as necessary
- Ensure all cash transactions are properly identified and entered by the scheduled close date.
- Apply payments & adjustments to A/R for specific buys (i.e. NCC)
- Balance and generate all NCC revenue, sales and adjustment reports to accounting and commissions
- Prepare monthly expense accruals for the accounting close process.
- Assist in monthly commission review and administration as needed
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or related discipline
- 2-4 years experience in general accounting, finance or billing
- Ad sales / agency financial analysis experience a plus
- Thorough understanding of key aspects of financial planning, including performing ROI’s
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work under pressure and manage to multiple deadlines
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to multi-task, while maintaining detail accuracy
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.