We are Altice USA; a family of businesses that includes Optimum, Suddenlink, Optimum Mobile, Optimum Business, A4 advertising, Cheddar, and News12. Our common goal is connecting our customers to friends and family, shows they love, advertising that resonates and news that matters. We're building a workforce that thrives on collaboration, inclusion, and innovation. We hope connecting you to a potential role is just the beginning.
The Executive Customer Relations Specialist serves as the face of Altice USA, ensuring a world-class customer service experience. The ECR Specialist is responsible for resolving the most highly escalated customer-initiated issues that are received by internal, partner employees, agencies, and executives. The objective of the position is to advocate for our customers by delivering world-class customer service and managing all escalations to obtain the best possible response/resolution while maintaining the highest professional standards. The ECR Specialist will provide responses to complaints and inquiries from Regulatory Agencies, Senior Executives, Government Affairs, and directly from customers. During the course of resolving these escalated concerns, the Specialists will provide recommendations and insights for all processes, tools, or handling improvements.
The primary activities of the position will include handling escalated customer issues through a resolution that requires research, analysis, and working across internal and external stakeholders. These activities require the consistent delivery of high levels of customer satisfaction, the ability to take ownership and responsibility for resolution and require up-to-date knowledge of Altice USA policies, procedures, and service standards.
The Specialist is responsible for responding to, researching, and resolving customer escalations received on FOUR levels.The first level of complaints handled is from Senior Executives - Office of the President, The CEO, the Chairman's office, other Senior Corporate Executive's, and VIP complaints from Government Affairs. The second level of complaints handled is Agency or Regulatory complaints. This category will include but not be limited to the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and the Attorney General Office (AGO) complaints. Responses to this category of escalation should be closely aligned with Legal and Government Affairs perspectives.The third level of complaints comes directly from customers; specialists are responsible for summarizing complaints, resolving customer issues to meet company and customer expectations, and meet resolution SLA's.The fourth level of escalated work is direct BPO Vendor oversight of lower level escalations.
- Upon receipt of the escalations, complete outbound contacts (written and voice) to confirm receipt and attempt to resolve the issue(s).
- Demonstrate ownership of customer issues and work proactively with all Altice USA business units, partners, and vendors to manage issues through to a complete resolution promptly within SLA.
- Demonstrate sound negotiation, problem-solving, and conflict resolution skills by working to resolve issues within your authority and parameters while utilizing sound judgment to understand when it will be both effective and necessary to escalate to a higher authority.
- Demonstrate the ability to understand the big picture and identify the underlying drivers causing complaints by capturing, reporting, and analyzing systematic issues and recommending solutions to improve processes and products.
- Advocate as the “voice of the customer” to Altice USA. Proactively make recommendations to address the root causes of escalations and complaints by leveraging escalation contacts and processes.
- Understand current business processes and tools that impact our customers and work with the management team and the necessary owners internally to resolve any issues and fix processes.
- Capture all pertinent customer contact information accurately and concisely within the data capture systems and ensure data is maintained correctly.
- Follow escalation and complaint procedures in order to ensure that all customer escalations and complaints are tracked and all relevant parties are informed of actions taken to resolve issues.
- Utilize appropriate tools to ensure the customer receives relevant information and identify knowledge gaps and/or outdated policy/procedure which caused frontline efforts to fail.
- Maintain contact with all other relevant customer groups within Altice USA to ensure support for resolution of customer issues, consistency of approach, and smooth cross-department cooperation.
- Participate in team meetings, discussions, and other activities as required.
- Bachelor's Degree or relevant work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of customer service experience required.
- Previous corporate escalations or higher tier experience desired. Lead or Supervisory experience is a plus.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and company personnel.
- Exceptional problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Highly effective organizational skills.
- Demonstrated negotiation and conflict management skills.
- Proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel skills required.
- Proven success working in a collaborative team within a fast-paced, highly visible, customer-centric and focused environment.
- Ability to wear a telephone headset.
- Ability to work independently and follow directions related to your job with little follow-up by your manager.
- Schedules may include a weekend day.
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.
Requirements of this position include demonstration of either full vaccination status against COVID-19 or company-provided weekly COVID-19 testing.