Lead IT Security Engineer
1111 Stewart Ave,
Altice USA is a cutting-edge communications, media, and tech company. We connect people to what matters most to them; texting with friends, advertising that resonates, or binge watching their favorite show. Our differentiated approach centers around technologies that push the envelope and deliver the ultimate customer experience. We're building a workforce that attracts and retains the best talent, not only to meet the needs of our customers, but that also reflects the diverse communities we serve. We're not the only ones who have seen it; we've recently been recognized by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers as well as by the Human Rights Campaign, DiversityInc Magazine, and Cablefax for our diversity & inclusion program.
Responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining information security systems including authentication systems, security information management systems, content management systems, endpoint protection systems and vulnerability management systems. Assists Information Security management in developing tactical and strategic solutions, policies, and procedures. Provides guidance to other team members, drives technical solutions and leads security investigations. Provides off-hours support for information security systems.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides information expert level security subject matter expertise in support of projects sponsored by business units and other IT departments.
- Provides Security Design review for internal and external projects and efforts to all areas of the company.
- Ensures that system implementations conform to established company security standards and/or industry best practices and maintains life cycle management of security systems.
- Serves as technical lead for projects sponsored by the IPNT Security department in additional to leading peers to deliver technical security solutions.
- Participates in the budget process by specifying Information Security technical, resource and personnel requirements for capital projects.
- Leads proof of concept and pilot evaluations of security technologies.
- Provides information security consulting services to business units and technology departments.
- Performs security assessments of proposed, new and existing systems.
- Performs security incident investigation and creates security incident reports.
- Performs vulnerability scans and penetration testing of networks and systems and drives remediation efforts and provides security vulnerability metrics reports.
- Administers and maintains various security systems and technologies as detailed under Qualifications, #3.
- Maintains support relationships with various vendors and manufacturers.
- Develops and maintains minimum security baseline configurations for various handheld, workstation and server operating systems.
- Processes Service Desk tickets assigned to the IPNT Security department. Responsible for problem resolution.
- Develops documentation including operations manuals, run books, procedures and problem resolutions.
- Minimum 10 years experience on multiple hardware platforms and operating systems (Windows, LINUX/Unix, Apple, and Android).
- Minimum 8 years of hands on security project experience.
- Hands on experience with the following security technologies:
- RADIUS and TACACS Authentication technology such as Cisco Identity Services Engine and Aruba Clearpass
- Email Hygiene solutions such as Proofpoint Targeted Attack Protection, Email Fraud Detection, Cloud Access Defense
- Anti-Virus and Anti-malware systems
- Rapid 7 Nexpose/Insight VM, Digital Defense Frontline Vulnerability scanners
- Metasploit or other application penetration testing systems
- CyberArk Privileged Access Management
- Centrify/Microsoft Identity and Access Management solutions
- LogRythm / Splunk SIEM
- Palo Alto, Checkpoint and other URL Filtering technology
- RSA SecurID, Microsoft Azure MFA or other multifactor authentication systems.
- PGP / Bitlocker / VeraCrypt or other file encryption system
- DigiCert, Verisign or other SSL certificates
- Tufin SecurTrack Firewall manager
- Strong understanding of cloud computing concepts including experience with Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform
- Strong understanding of LAN technologies and networking concepts.
- Knowledge of scripting (Unix/Linux shell, Perl, Python and Windows) or programming (Visual Basic and MS Access).
- Knowledge of network services such as DNS, DHCP, SMTP, HTTP, HTTPS, TLS, SFTP.
- Knowledge of compliance standards and practices such as PCI DSS, Sarbanes Oxley, and Department of Justice National Security Agreement
- One or more of the following professional certifications in information security:
- CISSP – Certified Information Systems Security Professional
- SSCP – System Security Certified Practitioner
- CEH– Certified Ethical Hacker
- GIAC – Global Information Assurance Certification
- CCNP – Cisco Certified Network Professional
- CISM – Certified Information Security Manager
- BS Degree in IT Security, Cybersecurity, Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to assemble project requirements and contribute to a security design implementation from inception to completion.
- Ability to identify and completely resolve technical issues.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Flexible working hours.
- Moderate travel with little or no notice.
- Required to participate in an on-call rotation as a subject matter expert in the areas of Information Security and drive issues to resolution (includes evenings, weekends and occasional holidays.)
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.