Lead Network Engineer
1111 Stewart Ave,
Altice USA is a cutting-edge communications, media, and tech company. We connect people to what matters most to them; texting with friends, advertising that resonates, or binge watching their favorite show. Our differentiated approach centers around technologies that push the envelope and deliver the ultimate customer experience. We're building a workforce that attracts and retains the best talent, not only to meet the needs of our customers, but that also reflects the diverse communities we serve. We're not the only ones who have seen it; we've recently been recognized by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers as well as by the Human Rights Campaign, DiversityInc Magazine, and Cablefax for our diversity & inclusion program.
Altice Business’s Solutions team focus is to provide an avenue for complex sale opportunities to enjoy the benefits of solution planning, architecture, design, costing, implementation and support outside the workflow used to process Altice Business’s standard product offerings, which follow a structured, transactional model. The Solutions Team is comprised of a multifunctional group of employees, who work in concert to provide customized levels of support throughout the pre-sale, design, engineering, and implementation of a solution, including (but not limited to): Strategic Sales Engineer, Solutions Architect, Solutions Engineer, Solutions Project Manager, and other support staff. These employees will have a singular focus on the support of complex sales, while remaining integrated with their colleagues in similar functions that support the Altice Business network and transactional product sales.
Altice USA is seeking a Lead Network Engineer with extensive experience designing and building diverse and complex multi-vendor networks. The Lead Network Engineer is responsible for the development and preparation of the Enterprise customer network designs and engineering packages, at a rapid pace with all required supporting technical documentation. In addition to traditional engineering responsibilities, this position will require flexibility and a breadth of skills, including (but not limited to), hardware testing/assessment, customer site visits, supervision of 3rd party installation contractors, training (internal/external), and post-implementation support at a Tier 2/3 level.
This position may also require direct communication and coordination with the Customer to ensure customer’s requirements are met, as well as interaction with Network Engineering, Operations and other internal Altice Business entities to ensure that the proposed network design can be implemented and supported in a cost effective manner. The Lead Network Engineer will be responsible for the technical "success" of these projects.
Although the candidate will perform in a team-based environment, business needs and available resources will require a person who is self-motivated, focused on attention to detail, and able to self manage complex projects with a professional attitude. The Lead Network Engineer involvement in any given customer opportunity may span from the pre-Sales process through post-implementation support.
- Develop & deploy unique or custom solutions for Altice USA Business customers, creating new streams of income.
- The Solutions team provides a high level of responsiveness, flexibility and quality in order to grow our business and foster innovation.
- Design and Engineer metro network transport solutions with an emphasis on Carrier Ethernet based solutions, Layer II and MPLS/VPLS technologies
- Subject Matter expertise for DWDM design and engineering.
- Design and Engineer complex, converged voice and data networks to include both traditional switched- and VOIP-based voice services.
- Prepare cost, planning, and timeframe estimates for deployment of complex customer network solutions Coordinate and respond to the customer RFI, RFP, and sales proposals
- Lead field POCs, lab and field trials, and beta programs.
- Prepare final bill of materials, as well as network engineering and design packages for build-out and equipment installation
- Prepare circuit design documentation within Altice Business databases of record to ensure custom solutions are adequately documented for ‘Day 2’ support
- Work with IT as required to ensure systems and tools are compatible with any new network technologies deployed
- Work with Procurement and the Altice Business warehouse to source and procure the equipment necessary to implement customer network solutions
- Collaborate with Sales Engineers and Solutions Architects on proposed customer network designs and RFP responses to insure that proposed designs will meet the customer’s requirements, while maintaining Altice Business’s Engineering standards
- Collaborate with core Network Engineering, Data & Technology Planning use of existing network facilities in custom network designs.
- Conduct and participate in the evaluation of new equipment, software releases, and document procedures for implementation in support of custom solutions.
- Provide technical oversight and support to 3rd party installation and support contractors as required
- Provide ‘Day 2’ support for custom network installations on a Tier 2/3 basis until new technologies can be fully operationalized and integrated into mainstream Operations
- Provide technical support and knowledge reference to peers and other departments
- Manage implementation and support costs for each Customer’s Solution to ensure profitability.
- Analyze trends in customer and technological requests to strategically guide Altice B2B’s product and service offerings.
Key Business Relations
- The Solutions Engineer will work collaboratively with all other members of the Solutions Team to jointly develop, engineer, implement, and support complex customer network solutions.
- The Solutions Engineer will work closely with Sales and Sales Engineering as required to communicate details of network design, and address any customer questions of a technical nature.
- The Solutions Engineer will report directly within the Engineering organization, but will remain exclusively focused on Solutions team.
- The Solutions Engineer will coordinate with peers in Engineering, Design & Construction, and Operations to ensure that resources used and/or deployed as part of complex solutions are done in concert with that of other ongoing activities in the network.
- The Solutions Engineer will coordinate activities with Capacity Management to ensure that all large-scale projects are appropriately planned for, and that necessary capacity augments are implemented according to established processes.
- Work in close collaboration with Business Planning to ensure that all solutions are designed with optimum capital expenditures, and that all capital and operating expenses associated with each solution are fully collected and documented.
- High energy individual dedicated to quality of his/her own performance but also that of his/her team and organization as a whole
- Must possess the highest level of ethical and business standards and always conduct himself or herself with the greatest degree of professional integrity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills; Strong ability to manage priorities and be highly responsive to customers and co-workers
- Ability to execute duties under pressure with accuracy and completeness
- 8-10 + Years of Telecommunications & Networking experience
- Experience designing network solutions for customers in a service provider environment
- Expert level technical knowledge and 8+ years of experience in the design and implementation of Cisco route/switch/VPN/firewall in large 1000+ node Enterprise environments
- Expert level knowledge of routed protocols - BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, VXLAN/EVPN
- Experience in the design and deployment of virtualized Data Center networks utilizing Cisco Application-Centric
- Infrastructure on Cisco ASR 9k platforms.
- Experience migrating from traditional tiered data center designs to Cisco ACI and other SDN methods
- Experience with emerging technologies such as SD-WAN or Data Center products.
- Excellent understanding of VPN technologies (site-to-site, remote access client, IPSec, IKE, tunnel modes, SSL/clientless/AnyConnect, tunnels between firewalls, routers)
- Experience with cloud delivery models including Openstack, AWS, and GCS
- Deep understanding of VRF
- In-depth technical understanding of the elements in optical telecommunications networks and a demonstrated ability to quickly assimilate technical data, methods and procedures
- Experience with Cisco VoIP Platforms
- Cisco and Aruba WiFi knowledge, both autonomous and controller-based
- Experience with NAC solutions from Cisco or Aruba for integration with wireless and wired infrastructure
- Experience working with Checkpoint appliance platforms and all associated management systems
- Development of automation solutions to integrate with existing route, switch, load balancing, and firewall technologies a plus
- Experience with Python scripting a plus
- In-depth knowledge of Layer 1, 2, and 3 transport technologies to include C/DWDM, SONET, MPLS/VPLS, etc…
- Familiarity with managed network services technologies is a plus
- Superior documentation skills
- BS, BA, EE or Equivalent, relevant network certifications (CCNP, CCIE) and/or equivalent work experience
- Industry Certifications across several disciplines a plus
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.