Multimedia ReporterJob ID: 2018-17980
Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States. We are a subsidiary of Altice NV, a convergent global leader in telecom, content, media, entertainment and advertising founded in 2001 by entrepreneur Patrick Drahi. We are driven by a philosophy to always challenge ourselves. We question everything so that we can find the best way forward for our customers. And in a world where continuous innovation is the only way forward, we are redefining the vision we have for our customers, enterprises, advertisers - and our people. News
12 Networks is the first, largest and most watched 24-hour local television news network in the country, with seven individual local news channels and five traffic and weather channels serving Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut, Westchester, Hudson Valley, the Bronx, and Brooklyn.
News 12 the Bronx is looking for a Multimedia Journalist to generate story ideas, gather information, and produce and present stories and other content for all platforms including social media. The candidate must have the ability to independently shoot, write and edit clear, relevant and meaningful news stories. They must also have the ability to operate the assigned news gathering gear and ensure all content meets News 12 Network standards for journalistic integrity and production quality. The ideal candidate will develop sources, maintain contacts and pursue leads that result in original stories. Gather information, video content, interviews, and other elements necessary to produce thorough, high-quality news reports. Maintain a deep level of familiarity with hyper-local news events in order to generate original stories. Represent News 12 positively in the community in a courteous and professional manner. Substitute as anchor when assigned. Participate in promotional activities including public appearances. Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned. Respond to breaking news and other urgent newsroom situations as required.
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in Journalism or Communications preferred, Master’s degree is a plus.
- Minimum one year full-time professional news reporting experience preferred.
- Ability to work independently in a one man band, backpack, multimedia environment.
- Ability to edit on non-linear systems i.e. Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premier.
- Highly effective on-air performance.
- Extensive knowledge of local and national current events, newsmakers, and issues.
- Knowledge of libel laws and ethical foundations of journalism.
- Ability to conduct in-depth research and pursue investigative stories effectively.
- Excellent news writing ability for all platforms including social media.
- Maintain professional personal appearance as defined by News 12 management.
- Ability to think quickly and respond appropriately in high pressure situations.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record.
- Ability to lift, carry and maneuver up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work inside a climate controlled office/studio environment and outside in all weather conditions including extremes in hot and cold temperature, wet or humid conditions.
- Flexibility to work any assigned shift with ability to work nights, weekends and holidays; or longer shifts due to “breaking news”.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.